The Environmental Project Manager known internally as an InSite Project Manager leads and manages a team of employees in supporting the execution of a clients’ environmental management program. The InSite Project Manager serves as the client’s main contact and primary interface with Clean Harbors on a daily basis. They are responsible for and manager the client’s hazardous waste program.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Provides direct oversight of InSite technicians and InSite chemist
- Acts as lead for special chemical waste pickups by request from the InSite Program Manager
- Coordinates Intra-Campus chemical transfers
- Performs weekly hazardous waste inspections in 90 day Hazardous Waste Accumulation Area (HWAA)
- Ensures the HWAA area(s) are kept clean and compliant
- Reports all issues of 90 day HWAA non-compliance to InSite Program Manager
- Supports other InSite Technicians and or InSite Chemist(s) as needed
- Assists Gilead Sciences personnel in waste management decisions
- Responds to emergency response calls from EHS– under direction from PM (up to and including level A PPE requirements) (during hours of operation)
- Supports High Hazard chemical inventory , pick up, storage and processing operations
- Acts as lead contact for special waste shipments (tank waste removal, lithium shipment, etc)
- Prints shipping documents and labels
- Surveys labs and waste service points for non-compliant issues and reports them to InSite Program Manager
- Maintains daily waste supply deliveries, ER supply levels, and SCBA inspections/maintenance
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors in chemistry, biology, or environmental science preferred.
- 3+ years of hazardous waste experience
- Ability to develop and deliver training materials and programs related to environmental health, safety, and hazardous materials management.
- Familiarity with regulatory status requirements of Small and Large Quantity Generators
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, puling and/or pushing, stooping and crouching
- Requires lifting, carrying, grasping, speaking and listening
- Requires climbing, determining color, tasting and smelling
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us atwww.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.