This challenging Health and Safety Manager role is an opportunity to build an impressive Health and Safety career. Provide comprehensive safety and health direction and support to multiple lines of business and their related hazards including hazardous waste, chemical, physical, respiratory, fall protection, high pressure cleaning, confined space as well as lock out/tag out hot work. In this demanding, field-based role you will be responsible for ensuring a safe working environment in a company fully committed to safety. Clean Harbors Safety Professionals handle a variety of work situations; emergency response work, refinery facility work, special requests by customers, decontamination, spill clean-up, incident management and some demolition.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Travel to job sites to conduct site audits and interventions, investigate, oversee, and observe safety conditions and manage safety permits and required paperwork for each work crew. Monitor Industrial Hygiene;
- Manage employee safety training programs; Participate in Program development and implementation; Conduct employee training such as HAZWOPER, Confined Space Entry, Scaffolding, etc;
- Develop health and safety plans, JSA’s (job safety analysis), JHA’s (job hazard analysis) and manage safety equipment inspection and testing programs;
- Collaborate with leaders of various business units to Implement CHESI (Clean Harbors Environmental Services, Inc.) Health & Safety Programs and promote continuous safety improvement. Participate in meetings, develop relationships, provide periodic reporting and EHS guidance;
- Respond to emergencies and incidents and manage injury and accident follow-up and reporting. Establish relationships with client safety departments and local governmental and regulatory officials and personnel;
- Demonstrate proficiency at a wide variety of assignments and can direct personnel in operational procedures to complete assignments.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 3-5 years’ experience in progressive Health & Safety experience;
- High School diploma or equivalent (Associate’s degree in occupational health and safety or a closely related field preferred);
- Working knowledge of applicable Federal and State safety and health regulations;
- Experience in Field Services, Oil & Petrochemical, Industrial Services, Environmental Emergency Response or similar industry preferred;
- Certification as Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Safety Professional (CSP), or ability to obtain;
- 25% travel.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.