Our Field Service Supervisor is responsible for the direct supervision of Field Service Foremen and the indirect supervision of Environmental Technicians. Additionally, this position must ensure that Health and Safety requirements are adhered to and that the project is completed on time and within budget.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Directs personnel in operational procedures to complete assignments;
- Ensures execution of projects and jobs within budget and on time;
- Develops work plans and works with the Field Service Coordinator in the allocation of manpower, equipment and other resources needed;
- Communicates with the Branch Manager to ensure contractual obligations are being met, to provide project progression status updates and to ensure that change orders are completed, communicated and executed before any additional work is performed;
- Reviews operational procedures to ensure correct Health and Safety action plans;
- Communicates with the Health and Safety organization on site or regarding job specific actions;
- Participates in joint sales calls with the Account Manager.
- Conduct walk-throughs and scope potential projects for clients including cost estimation, technical proposal preparation and client support;
- Provide technical support for proposal preparation, project cost estimates and subcontractor selection and procurement;
- Set-up projects; coordinate resources and scheduling; ensure proper costing/utilization of labor and equipment;
- Act as an agent of business and is involved with developing relationships with key customers and understanding the customer issues;
- Interface with the customer in a professional and effective manner to update them on the project status and/or to resolve problems/issues;
- Manage large-scale field service and emergency response projects, when directed;
- Direct personnel in the operational procedures to complete assignments and understands the labor and equipment requirements to complete field service projects and emergency responses;
- Understand and work with the Field Service Coordinator in the communication of the labor, equipment and resources required to complete field service and emergency response projects;
- Oversees and is responsible for projects for health & safety, profitability, completeness and professionalism;
- Ensure proper communication to the foreman/supervisor to ensure that contractual obligations are met to complete requested services, project progression status and change orders are completed and executed, prior to any additional work being performed. Ensures the customer acknowledges change order(s);
- Review operational procedures to assure correct health & safety action plans and communicate effectively with the health & safety organization regarding on-site specific action;
- Document competitive issues and convey findings to management;
- Trains and mentors Field Service Foreman and assists the Field Service General Manager in the completion of performance reviews for individuals who they have direct or indirect supervision;
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management as required by the needs of the business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Minimum of 3+years supervisory or management experience;
- 3+ years of experience in Environmental Services (i.e. remediation, abatement, emergency spill response, etc.);
- Proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Superior customer service skills;
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record;
- Ability and willingness to travel and to work on an on-call basis;
- Knowledge of equipment, environmental regulations/statutes, safety and compliance strongly preferred;
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.