The Environmental Waste Program Manager position, known internally as an Insite Program Manager, is responsible for overseeing the in-plant service operations of the Company in a safe, efficient, and professional manner, meeting the schedules and cost projections for each project to ensure optimum productivity, cost effectiveness, safety, and ease of operation. Responsibilities focus on the proper management of hazardous and non-hazardous solid wastes as well as in-plant industrial services. A strong emphasis is placed on the creation of cost savings through the elimination, reduction, and recycling of wastes.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Performs all hazardous waste management duties in accordance with regulatory standards, customer policies, and company policies.
- Uses knowledge of baseline contract to determine whether contract requirements are being met and determines whether projects fall within the scope or need to be quoted as outside the scope.
- Communicates frequently and maintains positive rapport with customers, subcontractors, and supervisors.
- Analyzes financial performance of baseline contract as well as episodic projects.
- Identifies and characterizes waste, sampling and preparing waste material for analysis as required.
- Utilizes knowledge of DOT regulations to properly prepare containers for shipment; prepares and signs shipping paperwork for all waste shipments.
- Coordinates deliveries of waste containers and pick ups of waste for disposal.
- Tracks all waste shipment activities and prepares comprehensive reports for the customer; tracks waste generation data in customer database.
- Assists with preparation of annual budget and reconciliation process.
- Performs and documents waste satellite and accumulation area inspections.
- Develops and implements plans/projects that reduce the amount of waste generated and/or the amount of waste going to the landfill.
- Ensures all deliverables are completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Investigates situations that could create regulatory, financial, or environmental issues for the customer or the Company; uses knowledge of waste handling procedures and internal financial processes to determine the most efficient and fiscally sound solution while achieving the customer’s goals.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma required, Bachelors degree preferred;
- 1-2+ years of direct experience preferred
- 40 Hour Hazwoper, RCRA and DOT experience preferred;
- Ability to work with budgets and quotes
- Strong initiative
- Team Player
- Strong ability to reason
- Critical thinker/problem solver
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and written
- Requires walking distances through industrial buildings.
- Requires stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to hear and talk on the phone and use a computer.
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.