As an Oil Recycling Operator you will be responsible for the tank re-refinery process operations, recording tank gauge readings and for completing tank transfers. You will also manage other associated process reading recordkeeping along with assisting other team members when required.
- Obtain routine process samples to verify product quality.
- Assist with tank farm operations as necessary.
- Loading and off-loading of semi-trailers and railcars.
- Complete tank transfers to control inventory.
- Switch and clean process filters as needed.
Long Term Responsibilities:
- · Display proficiency through written, oral, and hands on testing in all aspects of field operations including utilities, front end process, and hydro-treating.
- · Display proficiency through written, oral, and hands on testing in control board operations.
- High School diploma or equivalent required;
- 1+ years of previous experience, preferably in industrial environment;
- Vacuum distillation and hydro-treating process knowledge preferred;
- Basic math skills are required;
- Basic computer, word, and excel skills;
- Ability to read blueprints and technical drawings;
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and listening;
- Highly dependable, motivated and cooperative team attitude mandatory;
- Excellent mechanical skills and aptitude as well as knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, troubleshooting, and maintenance;
- Must pass respirator fit test (requires clean shaven face);
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks in a safe manner;
- Hours: 12 hour rotating shifts
- Lifting: >50 lbs
- Sitting: 6 to 12 hours duration at a computer terminal or desk
- Standing: 6 to 12 hours duration or more
- Walking: 6 to 12 hours duration or more
- Climbing: Must climb stairs and ladders for plant equipment
- Motion: Limited keyboard work and ability to bend/climb
- Equipment: Operate heavy machinery (forklift, aerial lift, etc.)
- Conditions: Able to work in all types of inclement weather.
Required to wear nomex clothing in all types of weather conditions.
Able to wear personal protective equipment as required (hearing protection, safety glasses, hardhats, safety boots, etc.)