The Safety-Kleen Refinery in East Chicago, IN is seeking full time Terminal Operator to join their safety-conscious team! You will be responsible for receiving, sampling and unloading all inbound bulk shipments of used oil by railcar and trucks. This position is perfect for getting your foot in the door because it guarantees room for advancement! We are looking for a motivated individual who doesn’t mind working out in the elements.
Why work for Safety Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Base hourly plus weekly overtime opportunities!
- Annual Boot Allowance and fresh uniforms daily;
- All training and safety certification paid for by us, invested in you;
- 10 paid vacation, 3 paid personal and 5 paid sick days (subject to change) annually;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- 401K with company matching component after 1 year;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments!
- Review paperwork to ensure compliance with company, governmental rules and regulations;
- Sample all inbound rail cars, trucks, and trailers of used oil;
- Prepare the sample, submit for lab analysis, and enter data in the UNIX computer system for tracking and accounting;
- Unload rail cars, trucks and trailers into the used oil receiving tanks. Operate branch trucks and track mobile to position for unloading;
- Perform daily inspections as required by environmental permits and MARSEC (USCG) requirements related to Home land Security;
- Acts as a switchman for rail switches. Tests, LOTO and prepare equipment for repairs;
- Fill out permits;
- Organize and maintain truck and rail unloading areas;
- Other duties as required.
What does it take to work for Safety Kleen?
- Previous manual labor experience (industrial, refinery or construction) considered and asset;
- Ability to work rotating shift with opportunities for first, second and night shift required;
- Valid Drivers License required;
- Knowledge of hydraulics an asset;
- Neat and organized;
- Dependable/good attendance.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK ™
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers
We thank all those interested in joining the Safety-Kleen team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company is a Military & Veteran friendly company.