Clean Harbors Retail Team has an exciting and high energy opening for Hazardous Waste Program Specialist (known internally as Retail Specialist). This role is primarily responsible for providing premiere customer service to both external and internal customers. The Program Specialist will be a dynamic team player as part of a fast moving, professional support unit, able to provide a variety of support oriented communications and deliverables through telephone, email and face to face exchanges. The Program Specialist will also be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment in the quest of ensuring only the best support be provided to all customers. In your role as Program Specialist you will be able to execute the responsibilities below.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K/RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Possess some awareness of Material Safety Data Sheets, how to read and interpret the data to create customer waste profiles;
- Possess some awareness of Hazardous Waste Manifests and their use in documenting and transporting Hazardous Materials;
- Proactively own assigned accounts and work to ensure you are aware of all aspects of your accounts to allow for timely and accurate delivery of any required reports, supporting communication and follow up to any client requests;
- Navigate CHES CRM and database to ensure client sites are set up correctly, run reports as required by clients and proactively review client activity to ensure compliance with waste shipments and timeliness of service;
- Reach out to operational teams to locate missing or late shipping documents (BOL's, Manifest, Worksheet) and make sure they are entered into the system in a timely fashion;
- Answer incoming calls from Retail Technicians to address onsite protocol, delays on site and other Retail Technician based issues for any Retail client;
- Support the Retail Program Manager in their absence and or with special projects and business needs as they arise;
- Other Duties as Assigned
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 2+ years hazardous waste experience in field or related office position;
- Intermediate expertise in Excel to analyze and produce customer reports;
- Familiarity with hazardous waste profiles or chemistry principles and knowledge of disposal processes and procedures;
- Excellent customer service and analytical skills to provide daily support to internal and external customers;
- Contract management and basic understanding of pricing and quoting policies;
- Computer literate with ability to become proficient on multiple systems;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with ability to interact with all levels of management;
- RCRA, DOT, or Hazwoper training a plus
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.