Our Midland, TX location is looking for a Class B Hazmat Route Driver. The successful candidate is responsible for sorting, segregating and packaging of pharmaceutical, hazardous and non-hazardous materials at major retail clients. You will be responsible for identifying a variety of waste steams on site and ensure that they are packaged in accordance with federal and state regulations. Position may require travel away from home up to 80% but home on weekends.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent college graduate to join the largest provider of hazardous waste services in North America.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies and processes, and acting in a safe manner at all time;
- Completes a quality control check and sorts bins according to the retail contract;
- Ensures proper segregation, packaging, loading and unloading of hazardous, non-hazardous and pharmaceutical wastes;
- Safely loads and unloads the truck;
- Guarantees placarding of vehicle to meet Company and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements/regulations;
- Maintains daily logs, time sheets, expense reports, dispatch and trip reports as well as vehicle inspection reports;
- Provides exceptional customer service.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Willing to travel away from home Monday - Friday;
- Class B CDL is required;
- Hazmat Endorsement required;
- Ability to obtain a Tanker Endorsement upon hire;
- College degree in chemistry, biology or other natural science strongly preferred;
- Previous experience in hazardous material handling, chemistry and/or lab packing experience preferred;
- OSHA, DOT, and RCRA experience preferred;
- Ability to use a laptop computer.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483)
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.