The Call Center Representative, known internally as an Emergency Operations Center Duty Operator I, is responsible for operation of the 24-Hour Emergency Operations Center.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K/RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Receive and manage all communications traffic in and out of Clean Harbors EOC during assigned shift in a courteous and professional manner. The EOC Duty Operator I is responsible to ensure that all calls are handled appropriately and immediately;
- Record accurate and detailed information regarding the nature of every call notifying appropriate personnel of call ensuring complete customer satisfaction;
- Publish detailed EOC Report documenting every incoming and outgoing call per shift. Make timely notifications and accurately record data in accordance with customer requirements;
- Keep all EOC reference material up-to-date plus responsible for routine tests verifying accuracy of data and simulated drills;
- Must provide detailed shipping information pertaining to Hazardous Materials transported by Clean Harbors’ vehicles to response or regulatory personnel if requested;
- Ensure phone lines from all locations are properly routed to the EOC after hours.
- Assist training of new or temporary Duty Operators;
- Support Field Service Operations with general administrative needs and Emergency Response (ER) and Non ER call;including but not limited to:looking up contracts, locating existing accounts, creating new accounts.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent (Associate’s degree in occupational health and safety or a closely related field preferred);
- 1+ years answering telephone experience preferred;
- 1+ years related industry experience preferred;
- 1+ years Microsoft Office experience preferred;
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work with little or no supervision;
- Ability to remain calm while handling a potential crisis;
- The EOC is required to staff 24/7. Ability to work a 3-week rotating shift and mandatory weekend work (Minimum 2 weekends per month);
- Ability to work overtime as requested by management.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.