**This position requires relocation to El Dorado, Arkansas. The location of our largest, world class facility**
The HR Business Partner will partner with Clean Harbors Business Leaders to provide coaching, support and influence that enable the effective development and delivery of people plans that support business unit operational plans. This HR Business Partner will provide support to approx. 800 employees, across Clean Harbor’s union and non-union Plants located in AR, TX, UT, and NE. The HRBP may at times work outside of this geographic footprint to help and assist with the business needs and note that this footprint may change. Travel commitment of 30-50%.
The HR Business Partner provides support on change management initiatives related to the Clean Harbors workforce. Working in conjunction with the HR Director and the HR Center of Excellence; the HR Business Partner will contribute to the development and delivery of HR solutions that support their designated business unit. The HR Business Partner participates in the development of HR strategies, and facilitates the delivery and execution of Key Human Resources initiatives and practices.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages, base salary plus bonus
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of Federal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risk and ensuring regulatory compliance;
- Consults with line management, providing HR expertise including change management;
- Increase leadership capability through coaching, development planning and facilitation;
- Building trusting relationships throughout the company by spending time in the field and getting to know the critical challenges to growing the business first hand;
- Coach, counsel and train all managers and employees company policies/procedures, organizational development training programs, career development, employee relations, labor relations, and all other training programs;
- Strategically collaborate with business leaders and deploy programs to understand and improve employee engagement, employee retention and turnover reduction; (including updating of policies etc.);
- Facilitate annual performance management, employee development, and compensation review practices; (life cycle, competency based pay programs);
- Manages and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective thorough and objective investigations.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources preferred 5+ years’ experience in lieu of degree; 8+ years’ experience in the human resources field;
- Experience in union and manufacturing environments preferred;
- Ability to solve problems by identifying root causes and negotiating satisfactory resolution.
- Prior experience with union contracts and collective bargaining is considered a strong asset.
- Demonstrated ability to influence change within an organization by leveraging strong working relationships built on trust.
- Strong business acumen, including basic understanding of Profit and Loss statements, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and key HR metrics.
- Excellent Communication and Presentation skills.
- Demonstratable in Excel, Powerpoint, Word, and Peoplesoft or comparable HCM.
- Ability to travel up to 30-50% of the time.
- Ability to bridge cross-functional boundaries within an organization.
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.*CH