Clean Harbors in Commerce City, CO is currently looking for an Entry-Level InSite Chemist to join their safety conscious team! This position will work both indoors and outdoors at a customer site and is responsible for managing the overall waste program within the customer facility.
*Please note that this is not a lab-based role.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Safe and compliant execution of waste projects/jobs and the proper packaging of material/waste and off-specifications of commercial products;
- Print required labels and labels drums and assure driver of an expedient pick-up.
- Load/pack materials/wastes properly and segregate for compatibility the waste material on transport vehicle;
- Understand customer specific disposal restrictions/special packaging requirements;
- Accumulate and record accurate billing information to ensure proper billing to customer;
- Adhere to field standard operating procedures and understands customer specific disposal options/special packaging requirements, Federal State and Local regulations;
- Complete site and waste storage area compliance inspections;
- Oversee the waste management program, schedule transport and provide the client with daily reports;
- Overall quality control of waste materials to be shipped;
- Complete data entry.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, geology, or other natural science is required;
- Experience with data-entry on Microsoft Excel is required;
- Previous experience working with hazardous materials is an asset;
- Previous knowledge of RCRA is an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience with data-entry on Microsoft Excel;
- Detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483)
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.