Clean Harbors Chattanooga, TN is looking for a Diesel Mechanic to join their safety conscious team! The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting maintenance on company vehicles, trucks, and heavy equipment within the Chattanooga and surrounding areas. Typically working 8-hours per day, Monday to Friday with occasional weekends.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Pay for you to obtain your CDL
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks and inspections on company vehicles and equipment;
- Performs routine maintenance when required such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment, vehicles, and machinery;
- Assists drivers/operators with addressing outstanding vehicle/ equipment issues;
- Diagnoses and repairs engines, transmissions, clutches, electrical and pneumatic systems, gearboxes, hydraulics, cooling systems, exhaust, brakes, suspensions, lights, etc. on a variety of yard equipment, heavy duty trucks, trailers, and other equipment.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Willing and able to travel away from home up to 5% of the time;
- 2+ years’ experience performing preventative maintenance and general repairs on heavy-duty trucks and equipment required;
- Proven ability to install, troubleshoot, and repair electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brakes, diagnose engine repairs, and air systems;
- Valid drivers’ license; CDL is an asset;
- Own hand tools for the performance of mechanic duties.
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.