Clean Harbors is looking for a Site Support Technician to join their safety conscious team! This position reports directly to the Technical Services Coordinator and assists the CP Chemist in the daly needs within customer facilities. Position is part-time.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Responsible for the safe and compliant execution of waste collection and lab pack projects/jobs and the proper packaging of material/waste and off-spec’s of commercial products;
- Conducts projects/jobs according to site specific Federal, State and local regulations and health and safety plans as well as Clean Harbors Environmental Services, Inc., policies and procedures;
- Prints required labels and labels drums and assures driver of an expedient pick-up. Loads/packs materials/wastes properly and segregates for compatibility the waste material on transport vehicle;
- Understands customer specific disposal restrictions/special packaging requirements, and or specific tasks;
- Accumulates and records accurate billing information to ensure proper billing to customer;
- Adheres to field standard operating procedures and understands customer specific disposal options/special packaging requirements;
- Ensures customer satisfaction by communicating customer needs and requests to the Technical Services Coordinator;
- Assists the Lead Clean Pack Chemist in the safe and compliant execution of assigned Tasks, lab pack projects/jobs;
- Responsible for the overall quality control of waste materials to be shipped;
- Ensures drum count is correct and that drum conditions are shippable in accordance to the policies and procedures of Clean Harbors Environmental Services, Inc;
- Performs other assignments as assigned by management.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- 1+ years of related work experience;
- 40 Hour OSHA Training;
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) waste codes, manifesting and Land Disposal Restrictions (LDR) preferred;
- Knowledge of RCRA requirements/regulations preferred;
- Knowledge of chemicals and abckgroung preferred;
- Proficiency in Windows based applications;
- Attention to detail;
- Able to perform multiple tasks;
- Ability to travel;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Valid drivers license with clean driving record;
- Ability to interface with customers.
- Always requires lifting, carrying, grasping, speaking and listening;
- Frequently requires near visual acuity sitting, standing, walking, pulling and/or pushing, stooping and crouching;
- Occasionally requires climbing, determining color and smelling;
- May be required tolift, push and/or pull up to 100lbs.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.