The Operations Manager (known internally as the Technical Services Operations Manager) has direct responsibility for the operational execution of Hazardous Waste Transportation & Disposal and LabPack service lines including the oversight and management of all truck-to-truck transfer operations within the region. This individual will also assist with daily LabPacks within customer facilities, household hazardous waste (HHW) collections and lab moves.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health & Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Manage and supervise LabPack, Logistics, and Technical Services;
- Ensure that project managers and coordinators manage labor and equipment resources to cover all customer needs and maximize utlization objectives;
- Assist with daily LabPacks within customer faciliies, household hazardous waste (HHW) collections and lab moves;
- Manage according to rules/regulations on labor relations, OSHA, DOT and workers compensation;
- Ensure all branches are current with monthly Health & Safety module training as well as safety committee meetings and all other Health & Safety protocols;
- Ensure all personnel follow all regulatory laws and corporate compliance SOP's;
- Ensure all drivers and chemists submit daily paperwork as required per DOT and company policy;
- Ensure that Logistics Coordinators are working closely with RSOM regarding effective load planning and waste routing;
- Ensure job level profitability on all Hazardous Waste Transportation & Disposal, LabPack and InSite jobs within region;
- Review and sign-off on all monthly branch unbilled and PO accruals for your areas of responsibility. Make sure coordinators enter ATC monthly cycle counts and or complete physical inventory into system in timely manner;
- Ensure each branch has an updated business plan at all times;
- Conduct weekly calls with operations team to ensure consistent guidance and direction;
- Manage Accounts Receivables to meet or exceed goals established for each business unit.