Responsibilities The Opportunity As a Heavy-Duty Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic you will be responsible for conducting maintenance on our fleet of company vehicles, trucks, and heavy equipment. Class 6, 7 and 8 trucks, and various types of trailers and heavy equipment. Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Competitive hourly wages;
- 401k with company matching component;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Generous paid time off and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for personal growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Perform services and repairs from basic preventative maintenance inspections and troubleshooting, all the way up to brake work, suspension and drive-line repairs on medium and heavy dutytrucks and trailers.
- Perform DOT, BIT, FMCSA inspections and corresponding repairs
- Accurately record time, parts, and inspection checklists
- Move company equipment safely in yard as needed
- Familiarity with diesel emissions systems.
- Performing routine physical labor duties and help keep the workplace clean and safe
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 2 years’ experience with heavy-duty trucks, trailers, and specialized equipment preferred
- Be a team player;
- Understanding of air brake systems and basic hydraulics;
- Must have own hand tools
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to change
- Ability to safely lift 50 pounds
- Basic welding and light fabrication skills a plus
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Basic computer skills, ie the ability to enter maintenance data on a work station
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.