Our East Chicago, IN facility is looking for a Driver Manager to the join the team! The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a cross border driver and dispatch team and identifying the capacities of the existing fleet to maximize equipment utilization!
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner always;
- Daily dispatch and interface of assigned drivers. Driver Manager will dispatch using the available systems including TMS, ELD interface, manual schedules, and WIN programs (TMS, LWB, and Hub Management);
- Responsible for monthly reports to the Regional Logistics Manager including but not limited to: Equipment and driver utilization, driver revenue, loaded/empty miles, driver load counts, driver hours worked;
- Daily systems approval for all driver applications, including but not limited to daily payroll review and approval, fuel and Pcard purchases, lodging transactions, ELD hours of service, and time off requests;
- Responsible for driver hiring, management, performance reviews, discipline, and driver engagement. Work with recruiting team to ensure drivers are onboarded within established time frames;
- Work with Regional Logistics Manager to understand P&L, budgets, forecasting, and month end close. Understand and manage revenue and cost to meet established business goals;
- Ensure all equipment, including rentals, are properly assigned to drivers within the business group and that all equipment is maintained in accordance with all PM schedules;
- Manage all driver training records within 95% compliance for assigned drivers in business unit. Continually improve overall safety metric through daily safety messaging, weekly driver calls, and monthly safety reviews;
- 1st call for any incidents / accidents from assigned drivers. Properly communicate to managers and log into incident management system;
- Provide optimal customer service across the assigned regions. Communicate schedules and delays to manager and specific customers on a real time basis;
- Other Duties as Assigned.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- 1+ years of driver management and dispatch experience;
- Previous transportation and fleet management experience;
- Strong people leader, proven leadership experience;
- Cross border knowledge and paperwork experience required;
- Computer proficiency;
- Client focused and customer service skills;
- Ability to build relationships with large groups across various teams and at all levels;
- Ability to train and mentor drivers with a strong focus on safety;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Attention to detail and great organizational skills;
- Ability to work in a fast paced ever changing environment.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.