Clean Harbors is seeking a Driver Manager, known internally as a National Transportation Coordinator, who will have oversight of assigned National Transportation Company Drivers and Owner Operators. They will utilize all equipment assigned to this National Transportation business unit to deal with anything pertaining to a Driver’s regulatory or employment within the National Transportation business unit.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Leading Environment Sustainability and Circular Economy Efforts.
- Spirited and passionate team who display core values of safety, teamwork, integrity, customer service and stakeholder value.
- Competitive wages.
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment.
- Group 401K with company matching component.
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement.
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Coordinate, schedule and dispatch multiple inbound and outbound carriers;
- Dispatch common carrier shipments with an emphasis on network optimization and cost reduction;
- Be responsible for all drivers, hours of service, paperwork completeness, time off requests, equipment assignments, training, discipline, etc.;
- Complete payroll for drivers weekly and submit payroll on time;
- Identify capacities of the existing fleet in an effort to maximize equipment utilization;
- Know the capabilities of each location assigned to this business unit.
- Position equipment as needed to ensure best customer service.
- Assist with fleet scheduling and routing;
- Load planning;
- Document and control activity through a customized Transportation Management System;
- Support carrier/vendor management;
- Administration and management of all Clean Harbor’s company policies, transportation compliance and Clean Harbors health and safety guidelines;
- Ensures that all terminals under assigned business unit comply with company maintenance policies and adhere to all Federal or State compliance regulations.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 3+ years of Dispatch or Load Planning experience, with an emphasis on dispatch and scheduling activities required;
- Knowledge of DOT regulatory requirements required;
- Knowledge of reverse logistics required;
- Experience with handling customer service calls required;
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required;
- Knowledge of EPA guidelines preferred;
- Experience with hazardous waste/materials preferred;
- Knowledge of lean process preferred;
- Ability to work in diverse, physical conditions and lift up to 25 lbs;
- Proficiency with computer applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Environmental industry and operational experience preferred.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.