Clean Harbors is seeking Environmental / Remediation Technicians to operate industrial wastewater treatment systems and perform other environmental tasks primarily in NJ and the greater Northeast US.
Typical work schedule is 5-7 days/week, 10 to 12-hour day or night shifts, 4-week rotation, 1 week off (travel required)
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages (Hourly pay + OT)
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Setup, tear down, and operation of mobile industrial wastewater treatment systems on construction sites.;
- Schedules vary. Overnight travel and extended hotel stays with per diem may be required.
- Tasks include pump, generator, chemical injection, and sand filter operation, bag filter changes, daily record keeping, sampling, and general housekeeping.
- Keeping field logbooks, reading metering instruments, reading gauges
- Other projects include decommissioning, O&M, and remediation system construction.
Skills and Experience Sought
- Working with hands
- Skilled in use of hand tools
- Experience with machines: pumps, generators, compressors, pressure washers
- Mechanical aptitude: plumbing, electrical, auto, carpentry
- Accustomed to working outdoors in all weather
- Construction background
- Environmental background
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
Join our team today!
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
- 12 months construction or general labor experience;
- Valid Driver’s License and Clean Motor Vehicle Record;
- Safety oriented mindset with the determination to follow all procedures and policies;
- Ability and willingness to travel for extended periods of time and to work on an on-call basis;
To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us atClean Harbors
is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.