The Facility Maintenance Engineer provides project management at the plant/facility whereby he/she directs, coordinates and controls the activities of subcontractors as well as facility personnel assigned to various projects.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Provides engineering assistance for maintenance and other projects to assure proper and timely repairs, modifications and improvements to equipment and systems;
- Provides engineering support to plant maintenance department on an as needed basis and coordinates planning of scheduled outage of major systems;
- Provide proper engineering support, maintains working understanding of all permits related to the facility and all applicable regulations related to buildings, structures, processes and general waste handling activities at the site;
- Provides assistance to other facilities engineering personnel on an as needed basis;
- Maintains complete documentation and updated facility drawings on file at the facility;
- Documents modifications, alterations, improvements to the facility via drawings and records on an ongoing basis;
- Reviews and assists in developing, maintaining and assuring execution of preventive maintenance program (PM);
- Reviews maintenance records and informs plant management and facilities engineering management of any warranted improvements to the plan;
- Provides engineering inspection of the equipment and systems for their proper use and maintenance.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field (preferred);
- 5+ years of mechanical engineering experience preferable in maintenance engineering role;
- Working knowledge of ACAD, Excel and Microsoft projects;
- Knowledge of equipment, systems and processes such as instrumentation, piping, valves, pumps, material of construction, coating systems, fire detection and controls, material handling and building/structure maintenance;
- Ability to meet physical requirements (including but not limited to lifting 50 lbs., climbing on/off forklift, color determination, standing, pulling, pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping, crouching, smelling).
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us atwww.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.