Clean Harbors is looking for a Transportation Manager who will lower the Transportation expense by increasing revenue opportunities and driving truck route efficiencies. This person will lower the transportation expense by reducing empty miles across the transportation network. This role improves revenue through collaboration with the Freight Sales Representative and the Transportation Operations Team.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K/ with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Matches daily freight requests from the Transportation Operations group with best available freight opportunities
- Distributes freight load information to the executing drivers and to the driver management team.
- Reviews the direct ship workbench weekly to ensure timely billing of the freight orders. Establishes process and feedback to operations team to ensure billing information received and entered timely
- Organizes and presents KPI data to management. Empty miles, freight revenue per week, loads per week, execution data. Tracks trends and driver management performance
- Works directly with Transportation Operations Group to consistently evaluate transportation internalization targets. Use of PO reports and Power BI tools to continually match freight with internalization opportunities. Communicates to freight sales representative
- Responsible for setting up billing information and lane data for any new business established or for new business units. Will train new Transportation Operations members on process and SOP's.
- Manages the freight pricing hierarchy with the requested freight needs and tenders best available freight
- Continually updates the freight lane tracking data base with best paying options as sold by the freight sales representative.
- Establishes and maintains quality relationships with freight brokers to fill trucks on short notice.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Logistical, freight coordination, backhaul experience;
- Familiar with spreadsheets, can pull data from multiple sources, compile data, and make data driven decisions;
- Can drive business and see big picture;
- Able to package all the data and analysis info up to present to the data
- Able to drive the process and make the decisions for what’s best for the business without having to rely on upper management.
- Needs to be collaborative and persuasive so that coworkers follow their decisions from all levels.
- Have to be able to lead and coach up and coach down.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.