The Health & Safety Manager will provide comprehensive Health and Safety support and guidance to the Oil Sands Insite Operations teams including, direction to a team of Health and Safety professionals. This 5/2 position is based in Fort McMurray.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 Priority and we Live It 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages including comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment.
- Group RRSP with company matching component.
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement.
- Safe work environments with a strong focus on team dynamics.
- Working with the Director, Health and Safety- directly manage a team of Health and Safety professionals supporting multiple, Regional Insite locations.
- In coordination with Insite Leaders, a significant percentage of this role will be to attend and conduct Health and Safety site inspections and audits (“boots-on-the-ground”) to ensure compliance with Clean Harbors Health and Safety Policies, Standards, Procedures, Guidelines and Safe Work Practices.
- Audit Health and Safety team performance and compliance to Health and Safety Program core elements.
- Assist in the review and or updating of the Health and Safety Program core elements.
- Lead, review and or guide Incident Investigations.
- Develop, conduct and or audit Safety Meetings designed to promote a better understanding of Company/ Client Health and Safety Policies, Standards, Procedures and Guidelines.
- In collaboration with Insite Operations Leaders, develop and or revise task-specific risk assessments.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Minimum 5 years of proven Health and Safety leadership experience;
- Ability to work within a diverse team environment utilizing strong organizational and motivational skills;
- Strong computer skills- Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Ability in producing Health and Safety reports using data analysis and risk assessment information. Attention to detail is critical success factor;
- NCSO certification required as a minimum, CSRP certification highly desired;
- Thorough understanding of the Alberta OHS Act, Code and Regulations.
- Knowledge of WorkSafeBC OHS legislation.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.