Clean Harbors is seeking a REGIONAL FINANCE MANAGER to become a business partner with the SVP of Facility Operations and General Managers. This role is responsible for providing financial support and guidance in making business decisions within the Facilities group as well as ensuring accurate data is reported and presented. Lead efforts to develop efficient financial processes and planning. Partner to provide end to end financial expertise, oversight and leadership to ensure each facility meets its Revenue and EBITDA budgets.
The role provides an opportunity to work in a friendly, fast-paced environment with a team-player mentality that has a sizable impact on future investments within Clean Harbors’ Facilities Organization.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K/RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Work closely with Operations, Vice-Presidents, and Management to support the Facilities group. Act in a "business partner" capacity with Management;
- Manage and complete monthly closing of all Profit and Loss (P&L) activity for the Facilities; Analyze job profitability and P&L each month. Analyze key costs incurred for various tasks and specific jobs vs expectations. Prepare and gather data on results for support documentation for monthly and quarterly operating reviews;
- Budgeting - gather and analyze actual trends along with feedback from the business to develop annual budget, forecast updates and period projections for the Facilities;
- Present, explain, and comment on financial results to Executive Management, including processes and procedures critical to the generation of timely and accurate financial results. Recommend areas for improvement from any unfavorable trends;
- Manage financial portion of physical inventory process to ensure process is audit compliant and cycle counts are recorded accurately;
- Responsible for reading, comprehending, and following the applicable narratives pertaining to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements;
- Provide detailed support for Audit (internal and external) requests on balance sheets, inventory and deferred accounting.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 7+ years experience in a similar role;
- Advanced MS Excel skills;
- Excellent detail, organizational, communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and adjust accordingly;
- Must be an analytical and flexible thinker;
- Skilled in effective data pulling, analysis and reporting;
- Ability to apply industry knowledge to interpret data and improve performance;
- Ability to recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses;
- Ability to handle end to end of process review at the department level to improve billing and cash management.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.