The Senior Vice President, Regulatory Affairs serves as the Chief Regulatory Affairs Officer for the Company and is responsible to provide strategic advice, counsel, and direction to the executive staff and the Senior Leadership Team, on a host of regulatory matters affecting business operations, customers, regulatory agencies, and communities where our operations reside; Responsibilities include representing the Company philosophy, business interest, and image before regulators, legislators, Executive Members of Federal, Provincial, State and Local Government, and members of the media in the Communities where we operate, and overseeing Corporate Internal and External third-party Auditing Programs.
Responsibilities of the SVP Regulatory Affairs:
- Serve as Chief Compliance and Regulatory Affairs Officer for the Company providing strategic direction, assessments, and information on Federal, Provincial, State and Local Rules, Regulations and Statutes that affect our Corporate-wide business operations to the Executive Staff and the Company's Board of Directors.
- Provide expertise and support to our Sales and Marketing Teams on all regulatory matters that have a bearing on our ability to service the customer; Attend meetings with our customers, usually at the executive level, to discuss our facility capabilities, our permits and approvals, troubleshooting the implications of Environmental Compliance Statute(s), Rule(s) and/or Regulation(s) to a particular customer's project, clearing any regulatory obstacles or impediments toward successfully bidding, winning and executing a project or service.
- Represent the Company before rule-making bodies at the Federal, Provincial and State Levels of Government and advocate in the best interests of the Corporation, clients and the communities where we operate; Serve as chief spokesperson before all levels of Government in the United States and Canada including but not limited to the Legislative and Executive levels of the United States Federal Government and the Canadian Federal and Provincial Governing bodies, including troubleshooting and resolving sensitive and/or precedent setting regulatory matters.
- Oversee the Corporate Compliance Audit Program, in concert with the Company's General Counsel, ensuring that our operating facilities maintain the highest standards of compliance with applicable Federal, Provincial, State and Local Laws, Rules and Regulations; Provide oversight and support to the Company's Audited and Approved Third-Party TSDF disposal network.
- Serve as Chief Company Spokesperson for Compliance Related media inquiries, including representing the Company before the media, either electronically or at public meetings, forums, or Company-sponsored events.
- Serve on the Company's Strategic Leadership Team and prepare and provide strategic assessments and education on new and proposed Federal, Provincial and State Rules, Regulations and Statutes that could impact our business interests.
- Oversee the Company's Community Relations and Social Responsibility Programs, by organizing and managing corporate-wide giving programs at the facility, plant and division levels. Prepare detailed quarterly and annual status reports for Executive Staff.
- Oversee sensitive and strategic Regulatory Permitting Projects assuring that all Governmental Permitting is completed on-time and in accord with the proposed project budget.
Requirements of the SVP of Regulatory Affairs:
- BS/BA in Physical Sciences, Environmental Sciences or Environmental Engineering preferred
- MS/MA in Physical Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Management or Environmental Engineering preferred
- Law degree in environmental law and policy
- Expert knowledge of Federal, Provincial, State and Local Statutes, Rules and Regulations dealing with Environmental Compliance, Worker Health and Safety and other applicable Statutes, Rules and Regulations.
- 10+ Professional Regulatory Agency experience at the Federal, Provincial and State Governmental Levels of Government.
- At Least 10 years of experience interacting with and advocating before Governmental Agencies, Legislative bodies and Executive Levels of Government.
- A combination of Governmental and Corporate Regulatory Affairs Management Professional Experience at the Senior and Executive Management Levels.
- Successful advocacy before all levels of Government and the General Public.
- Excellent Oral and Written Communications Skills.
- Seasoned analytical and Reasoning skills.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.