Clean Harbors in Stoughton, MA is seeking a Field Service Foreperson to join our safety conscious team. This position will be responsible for the direct supervision of the Field Technicians. Forepersons and Technicians will be responsible for the performance of tasks associated with emergency response (emergency spill cleanup), hazardous waste clean-up, site-remediation (tank and pit cleaning), equipment decontamination and handling of hazardous materials.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Focus on maintaining sustainability and cleaning the Earth
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment including 401K with Company match
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and always acting in a safe manner
- Train and mentor the Field Service Technicians
- Execution of projects/jobs within budget and on time
- Enforce and ensure OSHA, EPA and H&S standards or regulations are compliant
- Understand and work with the Coordinator in the communication of manpower, equipment and resources required to complete field service and emergency response projects
- Manage large scale field service and emergency response projects when directed
- Engage in strenuous physical labor including lifting and pulling heavy objects
- Operate light and heavy equipment, handles various hand tools and powered industrial tools, works with vibration-producing tools
- Wear and properly use a variety of personal protective Equipment (PPE). Including respirators, skin, face, hand and foot protection in a multiple number of combinations
- Work in various temperatures indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Work in atmospheres and locations with the potential for exposure to various chemical and physical agents, some of which may be hazardous, toxic, or corrosive
- Work in potentially elevated noise levels, confined spaces, including lifting in areas of low clearance
- Work at elevations including working from ladders and scaffolding
- Assist in field sampling activities and calibration of meters
- Climb ladders, scaffolding and into and out of trucks, tanks, and various other containers
- Work extended (> 8 hrs.) time periods
- Attend all compliance and safety update meetings
- Inspect drums for container integrity and regulatory compliance
- Safe loading and unloading of hazardous and non-hazardous waste
- Conduct waste stream sampling and profiling as necessary
- Complete associated paperwork, such as worksheets, vehicle inspections, equipment inspections and permits
- Follow all local, state (provincial) and federal compliance regulations and rules
- Safely operate vehicles in accordance with U.S. DOT, local, state (provincial) and federal requirements
- Safely observe all corporate operating guidelines and procedures
- Observe all company environmental health and safety operating guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
- By position, ability to be on call for emergency response on rotating basis every other week
- By position, site-remediation, equipment decontamination, and the handling of hazardous materials
- By position, may perform lead responsibilities
- Previous experience in a physically intensive role
- Previous experience in a supervisory, crew lead or leadership role
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time, overnight
- Ability to be on-call for emergency response
- Valid Driver’s license
- Perform physical functions per job requirements
- Successfully complete a background check, drug test, and physical, by position
- Previous heavy equipment experience (bobcats, excavators, etc)
- Previous environmental and/or industrial experience (ie. site remediation, spill response, hydro blasting, vacuum truck, tank cleaning, refinery-based work)
- Commercial driver license
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or based on any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.