Clean Harbors is seeking a Household Hazard Waste Technician I to support the CleanPack and Treatment and Disposal business.
Work schedule will be Saturday and Sundays only. Must be available to work the weekends.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Focus on maintaining sustainability and cleaning the Earth
- $17.00 hourly rate
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment including 401K with Company match
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and always acting in a safe manner
- Proper packaging of waste to maximize efficiency and maintain compliance
- Ensure work area maintained in a neat and orderly manner
- Participate in spill response on customer’s site as needed
- Attend all compliance and safety update meetings
- Inspect drums for container integrity and regulatory compliance
- Operate forklift in a safe manner
- Safe loading and unloading of waste hauling vehicles
- Conduct waste stream sampling and profiling as necessary
- Follow all local, state (provincial) and federal compliance regulations and rules.
- Safely operate vehicles in accordance with U.S. DOT, local, state (provincial) and federal requirements
- Safely observe all corporate operating guidelines and procedures.
- Observe all company environmental health and safety operating guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attention to detail, able to take and follow direction, and to perform multiple tasks
- Ability to interface with customers
- Perform physical functions per job requirements
- Successfully complete a background check, drug test, and physical, by position
Clean Harbors facilitates thousands of Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) and pesticide collection programs throughout North America, collecting paints, solvents, batteries, fluorescent lamps, pesticides, cleaners and other hazardous materials.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or based on any other federal, state/provincial, or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.