Clean Harbors Syracuse, NY is looking for a Mobile Vehicle Mechanic to join their safety conscious team! This position will be responsible for routine maintenance, inspections, and repairing of all company fleet at branch locations throughout the area.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority, and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K/RRSP with company matching component.
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off!
- Company paid training!
- Tuition reimbursement!
- Company provided uniforms and PPE!
- State of the art facilities, technology, and tooling
- Access to company paid OEM certifications and trainings!
Speak with a recruiter today to learn more!!
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Correct all equipment deficiencies and perform preventative maintenance on company owned equipment as directed by management.
- Ability to perform thorough inspection of equipment and identify unsatisfactory condition.
- Full compliance with mandatory PPE requirements during all work-related activities and tasks
- Travel to other locations to perform repairs and maintenance on equipment as required.
- Completes and submits all associated paperwork as required for tracking PM schedules.
- Maintain active light duty or DQ driver status as per mobile vehicle type.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- 1+ years prior experience working on heavy duty-trucks and equipment.
- Must be able to provide own basic tools.
- Willingness to travel within assigned territory up to 70%.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and overtime as required.
- Ability to determine vehicle condition by conducting inspections, scheduled PM's and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts & replacement as needed.
- Ability to pass a background, drug, and physical test upon hire.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today!
To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
“2022 Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation”