Thompson Industrial, powered by Clean Harbors, in Augusta, GA is looking for a Line of Business Sales Specialist. The Line of Business Sales Specialist is responsible for proactively building sustainable relationships in efforts of growing current and future customer base. This position will be responsible for communicating and acting as a liaison between operations and the customer as it relates to prices changes, job quotes, etc. This position will be responsible for understanding the services offered by both Thompson and its competitors as well as acquiring a basic understanding of customer processes in order to exceed customer and sales budget expectations. Transitioning Military, this is a great opportunity to leverage your skills and training as you return to civilian life.
Why work for Thompson Industrial?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Promote Thompson Industrials safety, environmental and operations policies;
- Proactively visit existing and future customer base to assess and gain selling opportunities
- Build sustainable relationships to communicate with both customers and operations
- Manage and evaluate customer concerns by meeting with the customer and communicating with operations to rectify as needed
- Prepare and provide price quotes with input from operations as needed
- Responsible for understanding basic pricing models and services offered by Thompson Industrial Services and its competitors.
- Obtain and communicate relevant safety information and customer specific training to prepare operations
- Understand and actively sell to achieve sales budget expectations
- Report any quality issues to the appropriate leadership
- Act is a way that is professional and representative of Thompson Industrial Service, LLC at all times
- Tools, equipment, machinery used: Computers and basic computer systems (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Working conditions: Normal office environment (on-site and off-site locations), outside work, extreme temperatures, noisy conditions, shift work, flexible schedules, on-call hours, 24/7 availability.
- Physical effort required: Some heavy lifting, working with large machinery, confined spaces, and heights.
- Travel required: Geographical territories can range in size depending on the customer base. Overnight travel will be required for this position.
What does it take to work for Thompson Industrial?
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree required with an, emphasis in sales and marketing preferred
- Excellent communication, administrative, computer skills (Microsoft office)
- 3-5 years of sales experience required, industrial industry preferred
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to rapidly changing environments
- Must have the ability to build sustainable relationships with customers, teammates, and leadership
- Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record
About Thompson Industrial:
Thompson Industrial, powered by Clean Harbors, is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Thompson Industrial is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483)
We thank all those interested in joining the Thompson Industrial team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.