Location: Benicia, CA, United States
Date Posted: May 22, 2023
Category: Health & Safety
Job ID: 122398
The Regional Health & Safety Manager located in Benicia, CA is responsible for overseeing and coordinating Health & Safety responsibilities for the Region, including providing technical assistance on Health & Safety issues and questions, Facilities and Site Services, Clean Pack, and Logistics.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
• Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
• Oversee the day-to-day safety and industrial hygiene needs for Site Services, Clean Pack and Logistics offices in specific locations of the region.
• Manage and oversee the Health & Safety Representative(s) located in their assigned region.
• Provide Health & Safety training, program development, and review and work closely with regional operations personnel and management to ensure Company Health & Safety programs and policies are followed and promoted.
• Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
• Minimum B.S. / B.A. degree in Safety Engineering or related field required.
• Minimum 7 - 10 years of experience.
• Practical experience in occupational safety and health, industrial hygiene, safety engineering, fire safety or safety engineering required.
• Ability to recognize and recommend appropriate safety precautions for a wide variety of situations and hazards required.
• Strong communication, writing, management and interpersonal skills and experience required.
• Excel, Word, Access, etc. required.
• Multi-tasked orientated and organized.
• Requires sitting, speaking, and listening.
• Requires grasping and reaching.
• Requires, standing, walking, stooping, and crouching.
• May lift pull and / or push or carry up to 10 lbs.
40 years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.