Clean Harbors Fort McMurray, AB (98DLO) is looking for Hydro Vac Operators to join their safety conscious team! The successful candidates will be responsible for assisting our Hydro Vac Operators to operate units in performing Daylighting excavation activities associated with pipeline, construction, utility and oil terminal work.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- 21 Shifts on 14 Shifts off work rotation
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Attends daily safety meetings and ensures all tasks are completed in a safe and efficient manner;
- Drives and operates Hydro Vac units, including performance of pre and post trip inspections;
- Completion of tasks associated with Daylighting excavation, Trenching and Shoring;
- Ensuring job site truck placement is safe, stable and secure;
- Mechanically inclined and able to diagnose minor problems and relay them back to our Maintenance Hub;
- General clean-up and maintenance of units upon completion of the job;
- Completing all required paperwork on a daily basis including driver’s log book;
- Communicates with dispatchers and supervisors throughout the day;
- Work as part of a team with customers, coworkers and supervisors.
- Minimum Class 3 Driver’s License required;
- Minimum of one (1) year previous experience operating Hydro Vac unit preferred;
- Minimum of one (1) year previous experience in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Utilities experience preferred;
- Previous experience working in Municipal and remote areas is preferred;
- Previous experience in a Labour intensive position, working on pipeline, plant site environment, in confined spaces, at heights and in all types of weather conditions;
- Valid Safety Tickets including, OSSA, Confined Space, Fall Arrest, CSO, H2S Alive, First Aid with CPR and Ground Disturbance are an asset.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.