Safety-Kleen in Salida, CA is seeking a Warehouse Worker (Material Handler) to complete all assigned warehouse duties in a safe and responsible manner. This role will work within all local, state, and federal rules and regulations; and follow all Safety-Kleen policies and procedures.
Safety-Kleen, a subsidiary of Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Focus on maintaining sustainability and cleaning the Earth
- Recruiting Pay range: $20 - $21.63
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment including 401K with Company match
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and always acting in a safe manner
- Unload containerized waste from the route trucks
- Reload route trucks with supplies and equipment for next day’s runs
- Ensures all waste and containers are in acceptable shipping condition and organized for transport to recycle or distribution centers
- Stock the warehouse with received materials
- Prepare waste loads for shipment
- Housekeeping in the branch (painting, picking up trash, sweeping, cleaning, straightening)
- Empty and fill drums of solvent mineral spirits
- Perform minor repairs on parts washers at the warehouse
- Observe third party bulk liquid transfers
- Assist with inventory count at warehouse
- Follow all local, state (provincial) and federal compliance regulations and rules
- Safely operate vehicles in accordance with U.S. DOT, local, state (provincial) and federal requirements
- Safely observe all corporate operating guidelines and procedures
- Observe all company environmental health and safety operating guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Attention to detail
- Follow specific instructions
- Work with minimal supervision at times
- Basic computer skills
- Work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Perform physical functions per job requirements
- Successfully complete a background check, drug test, and physical, by position
- Forklift experience
- Previous relevant experience
- Experience with waste labels, manifests, and load sheets
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or based on any other federal, state/provincial, or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.