Clean Harbors Inc. (www.cleanharbors.com) is a NYSE listed US based $4.3 billion company. Clean Harbors was founded in 1980 near Boston by Mr. Alan S. McKim, who today remains the company’s Chairman and CEO.
Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. Clean Harbors employs a dedicated workforce of 18,000 employees and has over 450 service locations across the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Beyond addressing the environmental needs of its more than 300,000 customers, the Company has been on the front lines of addressing some of the largest emergency response events in North America of the past several decades including the BP Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico, the anthrax attacks in New York, the 2015 avian flu outbreak that devastated the poultry industry, Hurricanes Katrina, Rita and Sandy, and the oil pipeline breaks that affected the Yellowstone and Kalamazoo rivers, along with other major chemical releases into the environment.
Clean Harbors India has been strategically established as the Global Capability Center (GCC) to serve our parent company. We take pride in serving some of the most tech savvy business stakeholders at Clean Harbors. The GCC employees form part of our globally integrated teams that provide cutting-edge IT solutions and production support across platforms. Our shared services teams work seamlessly with their global counterparts in providing critical 24x7 support in various functions including Finance, HR, Procurement, IT and Operations. Our aggressive growth plans open significant career advancement opportunities for our employees.
Job Role: Accounting R2R – Manager.
Job Location: Hyderabad
Job Timing: 3pm to 12am or 5pm to 2am (Cab Facility will be provided both Pick & Drop)
The Accounting (R2R) Manager is accountable to manage the team and prioritized daily workflow, people management interms of measuring user level KPIs and meeting the SLA's. Communicate with the onsite point of contact to resolve accounting issues.
- Primary point of contact for Record to report matters including month-end closing process, significant journal entries, and delivery of service levels and key performance indicators (KPI’s) as defined by R2R Process.
- Ensure adherence to the financial controls and coordinate on remediation of activities as identified through Internal or external reviews.
- Successful career track record and orientation towards people / client / operations Management with dynamic leadership and high levels of energy, integrity, and ethical practices.
- Minimum 12+ years of professional experience in Finance and Accounts business / organization / BFS line with main focus on accounting operation / shared services center in multinational dynamic environment.
- 5+ years as designated managerial experience of handling at least 40-60 people, with multiple functions across business, especially should have worked with international business / people Especially. USA / UK / AUS/ EU countries; etc.
- Should have strong understanding of finance processes; deep understanding of SOX and GAAP Compliance standards in the shared services center.
- Extremely articulative with high levels of command over communication skills (written and verbal as well as receptive listening skills, with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise manner to various levels in the organization.
- Define with regional stakeholders a very robust matrix of role and responsibilities around operations being localized at SSC and partners with stakeholders in various regions / service lines to identify opportunities for future scope of the SSC.
- Provides strategic inputs to Team Leads through leadership decisions and jointly responsible for the SSC processes addressing risks, mitigations, change management procedures to ensure seamless transition and service deliveries of the processes.
- Provides support, oversight and direction to the SSC processes ensuring adequate staffing, training & development, and optimal operation in accordance with business needs.
- Enhances and / or develops, implements, and enforce policies and procedures that will improve the overall operational efficiencies and effectiveness of the SSC through innovation and automation.
- Must be Quality Oriented (Lean / Six-Sigma qualified would be desirable) with a passion in process improvement and automation with excellent analytical/ problem-solving inclination.
- Coordinates and executes Month-End, Quarter-End and Year End accounting close activities.
- Experience with Financial Consolidation and reporting process.
- Experience of managing projects driving performance (e.g. ERP implementation)
- Strong organization skills are critical to this role
- Ability to work collaboratively, listen, and take directions
- Team Player & Commitment towards role and responsibility
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communications skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, self-starter and results oriented
- Good problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency with ERP applications: Peoplesoft; Oracle; SAP, etc. would be added advantage.
- Ability to pull data together and draw conclusions.
- Should be proficient with Microsoft office suite
- Experience with SQL & Power BI skills is desirable
- Attention to detail and able to maintain data confidentiality.