The District Sales Manager is responsible to grow, expand, and maintain a required minimum base of revenues and customers within the assigned district. In addition, you will manage the Account Managers, Project Services Specialists, and Clean Pack Specialists in your assigned district.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!;
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Hire, train, lead and coach outside sales representatives with setting account strategies, creating sales plans, developing proposals, negotiating contracts, and assisting with key customer accounts, as needed;
- Create and manage sales territories;
- Present district sales results, forecast, and strategies to district and regional leaders on a regular basis;
- Leverage an understanding of the local business environment to support the development of sales and marketing plans in alignment with the regional strategy;
- Manage the overall business portfolio to maximize territory revenues.
- Manage sales team to achieve minimum established KPIs;
- Develop targeting tools and customer campaigns;
- Work closely with district operations leaders to ensure sales plans are being executed;
- Develop SalesForce utilization skills of the district sales team;
- Work with district operations to develop and present sales training and topics for branch personnel;
- This position requires 50% travel;
- 7+ years of outside sales experience;
- 5+ years of directly managing a staff;
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent additional experience required;
- Business acumen, including budgeting and forecasting skills;
- Strong understanding of the environmental services industry
- Successful track record in account management and development;
- Prior experience using SalesForce or similar CRM software tools to manage customers, territory, sales quotas and reporting;
- Customer relationship management and negotiating skills;
- Training and presentation skills;
- Previous experience with interviewing, hiring, developing and managing employees;
- Strong technical skills to include Microsoft Office Products;
- Ability to work through conflict management and settle disputes equitably;
- Persuasive communicator with strong oral and written skills;
- Motivation and team building skills;
- Ability to set clear objectives and measurements;
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills;
- Time management skills with strong ability to plan tasks and projects;
- Integrity and reliability;
- Ability to travel 50%;
- Valid driver’s license is required;
- Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa;
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.