HPC Industrial's Ashland, KY team is looking for Environmental Technicians. HPC Industrial, a Clean Harbors company is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. The Environmental Technician I is responsible for the performance of tasks associated with hazardous waste clean-up, site-remediation, equipment decontamination and handling of hazardous materials. No experience required.
Why work for HPC Industrial?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive hourly wages based on experience with weekly overtime!
- Paid travel is provided! Mileage and per diem are available;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 day of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career!
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Engage in strenuous physical labor including lifting, pulling and pushing heavy objects.
- Operate light and heavy equipment including, but not limited to pumps, vacuum, equipment, oil spill boom, generators, bobcats, etc.
- Performs emergency response activities including, but not limited to chemical and water spills, etiological and biological contamination, tank cleaning, equipment decontamination, etc.
- Responsible for the completion of associated paperwork, including but not limited to daily worksheets, vehicle inspections, equipment inspections and Health and Safety requirements and permits
- Responsible for quick and immediate response when on call, secure coverage for shift and communicate your replacement's name to the coordinator.
- Responsible for vehicle inspections, equipment inspections and Health & Safety inspections. Ensures proper use of equipment and immediately notifies supervisor of any mechanical failures or problems with equipment.
- Adheres to and ensures constant compliance with Health & Safety Compliance and regulations.
- The ability to wear and properly use a variety of Levels A, B, C & D personal protective Equipment (PPE) including respirators, skin, face, hand and foot protection in a multiple number of combinations.
- May direct the work of the Environmental Technician I and II.
- Assist in the field sampling activities and calibration of meters.
- Because of the emergency response and operational nature of the position, a continuing condition of employment is that the applicant/candidate acknowledges and agrees to be on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and on occasion will require work during weekends and holidays.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- Will be required to complete confined space entry (CSE) and 40 Hour OSHA Training.
- Clean Driving record, for the purposes of CHESI, includes: No more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years; No DUI/DWI in past 3 years; No preventable accidents in the past year; No more than 2 preventable accidents in the last 3 years; No serious moving violations in past 3 years, i.e., Reckless driving, Driving to endanger, Open alcohol containers, etc.
- Able to travel, work weekends, will wear a pager
- PC skills
- Requires walking, climbing, speaking, listening, color determination and clarity of vision at 2 feet or more (with or without lenses).
- Attention to detail and perform multiple tasks.
- •Ability to work with little or no direct supervision and an aptitude to complete assigned work.
- Understands the manpower and equipment required to complete assignments
- Strong mechanical ability.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Position involves strenuous physical exertion.
- Available for 24/day on-call basis.
- Requires standing, lifting up to 50lbs.
- Requires pulling/pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, crawling, stooping and crouching in confined spaces; Requires walking, climbing, speaking, listening, color determination and clarity of vision at 2 feet or more (with or without lenses); Requires sitting.
- Requires the ability to properly wear and use personal respirator equipment and other forms of personal protective equipment (PPE) including levels A,B,C,D & E, including full encapsulation PPE suits which can elevate body temperature substantially during strenuous exertion.
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally responsible business.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
HAZWOPER, Laborer, Technician, Confined-space, Field Tech, Field Laborer, First responder, Hydroblast.