Clean Harbors is currently looking for a Refinery / Petro Chemical Health & Safety Field Representative to join our team at a refinery in Benicia, CA.
This position is responsible for providing complete, thorough and professional health, safety and environmental advice on a client site, while also performing physical labor tasks. These positions will promote a positive safety culture and will anticipate and assess health and safety hazards.
*Please Note: This position will require physical labor work, and at times have long work schedules including overtime that may be required including weekends/holidays.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority, and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages: $30.00 to $31.00 / hour.
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment.
- Group 401K with company matching component.
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement.
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Ensure that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Conduct health and safety inspections, safety meetings, observations, audits, compliance monitoring and incident investigations on a client site.
- Supervise Health & Safety crew during projects such as chemical plant and refinery industrial tank cleaning and hydro blasting projects.
- Coach site management to perform safety functions.
- Assist with weekly safety meetings and daily toolbox meetings.
- Assist in the development of procedures and hazard assessments.
- Provide leadership, guidance and advice for maintaining workplace health & safety compliance;
- Monitor confined space entry on site.
- Ensure proper permits are requested/issued appropriately for the job at hand.
- Explain and provide educational assistance to employees on Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- At times, may be required to perform physical intensive work on site.
- Coach employees to further enhance their safety responsibility and performance.
- Foster and maintain client relationships.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 1 + years’ experience in Health & Safety position in an industrial environment is required.
- Experience with industrial, industrial chemical, or refinery work required.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Previous Health & Safety coursework or education is an asset.
- Experience in the Environmental Industry is preferred.
- Previous Environmental Field experience in a technician or supervisor role is an asset.
- Previous OSHA training is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime and potential weekends is required.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors & Safety-Kleen?
Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video along with additional information!
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.