The Clean Harbors Corunna, ON facility is hiring a Incinerator Operator (TDU - Thermal Desorber Unit). This individual is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the TDU facility. They will be working as a process operator running the unit from the board and field making adjustments in the unit as necessary. This position is 12 hour shifts rotating 2 days, 2 nights with 4 days off.
- Ensure Health & Safety is #1 priority at all times.
- Operate Thermal Desorber Unit as a board operator as well as a field operator
- Record production data and equipment performance problems and downtime.
- Field walks/inspections, general housekeeping of work area, lock out/tag out of equipment, filling out proper permits/paperwork.
- Perform daily wash outs, tank transfers, and all other tasks necessary.
- Monitor plant from control room ensuring production targets are met.
- Make field adjustments, troubleshoot operational issues as directed by board operator or management.
- Ability to safely operate forklift and telehandler
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- 1 year of previous experience within an industrial work environment working with rotating equipment, conveyors, and valves.
- Knowledge of Thermal Desorber Operations.
- Previous experience with DCS and PLC
- Ability to wear a respirator when required.
- Valid Full G Driver’s license required.
- Ability to work a rotating schedule that may include nights and weekends.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team and safety focused environment
- Ability to work in all weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 50lbs regularly throughout the day, climb ladders, bend, crouch and stand for long periods throughout shift.
- Physically able to act as an Emergency First Responder in the event of an emergency.