Clean Harbors, Chicago, IL is looking for a Operations Manager to join their safety conscious team! The Facility Operations Manager I is responsible for management of all plant operations such as oversee drum pumping, tank farm operations and recycling/distillation Operations. Plant Operations Managers act as second in command in the absence of the General Manager.
Must have 6-8 years of plant operations experience.
Chemical plant experience preferred.
Perform multiple site-specific plant operations such as:
- Drum pumping, tank farm operations, truck offloading/loading in compliance with DOT segregation requirements, wastewater treatment, fuels blending, Shredder operations, Inventory and Waste Tracking scanning application, and Proper warehousing requirements.
- Oversee and manage multiple areas and shifts within the facility.
- Supervise and develops multiple Operations Supervisors, Plant Foremen and plant operations.
- Ensure proper waste routing and management according to specified efficiencies.
- Work in conjunction with the General Manager on personnel functions including, but not limited to hiring, terminating, development, etc.
- Work closely with the General Manager to continue to develop and enhance the facilities throughput and operation.
- Analyze and reviews profitability of facility in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Ensure that employees follow and maintain all applicable Health and Safety Standard Operating Procedures. Holds employees accountable.
- Ensure, understand and has ownership for area specific permit required compliance standards.
- Develop daily production goals for multiple groups and ensures execution.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean work environment.
- Review all applicable SOP’s and scores satisfactorily on quizzes.
- Understand and drive Clean Compliance standard.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority, and we live it 3-6-5!
- Environmental experience is a must.
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Emphasize productivity, health & safety, compliance and customer satisfaction;
- Ensure that each project has an operating plan and that field personnel follow it;
- Onsite supervision, training and mentoring field supervisors and technicians and will also provide input to Branch Manager regarding performance evaluations for individuals to whom this position has direct supervision over
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business;
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required (Degree in environmental studies preferred);
- 3+ years’ experience in environmental field service operations (i.e. remediation, abatement, emergency spill response, etc.);
- Supervisory or management experience in environmental field services preferred;
- P&L/Budget experience;
- Knowledge of Federal, state and local environmental regulations;
- OSHA Training and experience;
- Knowledge of various types of equipment (i.e., vans, flat beds, vacuum trucks, roll-offs etc.) preferred;
- Knowledge of cranes, heavy lift rigging, torch cutting, and demolition preferred.
Over 40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.