HPC-Industrial, powered by Clean Harbors in Big Springs, TX, Odessa, TX & Midland, TX is looking for Class B CDL Drivers to join their safety conscious team! Our Drivers are responsible for segregating, packing and loading drums of hazardous and non-hazardous waste into their trucks at our customer sites and delivering the waste back to a designated disposal site.
Why work for HPC-Industrial?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your caree
- Operates Vacuum truck and Jet-Rodder. - Manual transmission experience required
- Labels, marks, and manifests shipments in accordance with applicable DOT regulations and HPC policies, practices and procedures.
- Loads shipment onto trucks appropriately.
- Interacts with customer regarding job status, client requirements, and assures customer satisfaction
- Always operates vehicle safely.
- Maintains a current driver’s license, or CDL as required.
- Obtains a license for the state of residence within 90 days.
- Safely transports hazardous & non-hazardous waste while operating company vehicles.
- Completes a vehicle inspection report to assure vehicles and equipment are safe to operate before leaving company premises.
- CDL drivers assure brake adjustment inspections are completed prior to use.
- Maintains a drivers log as required to assure compliance with all regulations.
- Operates and maintains trucks and equipment per manufactures recommendations.
- Does not modify any vehicle or piece of equipment without written permission from the manufacturer and HPC management.
- Obeys all traffic laws and regulations when operating and driving company vehicle.
- Trained on the installation, operation, and repairs of mechanical devices such as pumps, valves, PTO's etc.
- May troubleshoot equipment and make minor repairs if they have the knowledge to complete the task safely.
- Wears personal protective equipment as required by HPC, DOT, OSHA, and customer regulations.
- Trained on the proper use of all PPE required to do the work safely.
- Immediately reports all accidents, near misses, and injuries involving employee or others while operating company vehicles/equipment to the Safety Manager over the area.
- Recommends changes and improvements to safety and services based on job experience & observations.
- Verifies that the load, tools, equipment, and materials are secured properly before transporting begins.
- Answers calls at night and weekends as necessary.
- Performs other duties when assigned.
- Industrial setting, refinery, petrochemical, utilities, pulp and paper mills, etc.
- Must be able to operate a manual transmission.
- Tanker and Hazmat Endorsements, required.
- Must have a Federal Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Experience operating a vacuum truck.
- Specific vocational preparation including classroom safety training, on-the-job training and essential experience gained on other jobs.
- Language proficiency: understand English at a level to comprehend safety training and respond to instructions in emergency situations.
- Valid driver’s license, CDL Class A or B and other requirements of company’s driving policy required when driving company vehicle or using personal vehicle on company business.
- Smartphone required for Electronic Logging Device.
- Must be knowledgeable in the operation of emergency equipment, such as fire extinguishers.
- Working knowledge of operating equipment used in wet and dry vacuums
HPC-Industrial, powered by Clean Harbors, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HPC-Industrial offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
HPC-Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
HPC-Industrial is a Military & Veteran friendly company.