Clean Harbors – W. Sacramento, CA is looking for a Hazardous Material Handler to join their safety conscious team! This person would be responsible for assisting in the collection, identification, and proper packaging and/or lab packing of hazardous and non-hazardous waste, and spill response at our client site in Elk Grove, CA.
**MUST HAVE 40 HR HAZWOPER**
This position is NOT a laboratory-based position.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages: $21.15 - $31.73
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Make chemical pickups throughout customer facility as directed;
- Conduct chemical bulking/consolidation as required;
- Proper loading, packing and segregation of waste to maximize efficiency and maintain compliance;
- Ensure work area maintained in a neat and orderly manner;
- Assisting other Chemists with the execution of assigned lab pack projects;
- Participate in spill response on customer’s site as needed.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- Chemistry background is required;
- Lab Pack experience is preferred;
- 40 Hour OSHA, DOT preferred;
- Attention to detail, able to take and follow direction, and to perform multiple tasks;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to interface with customers.