Clean Harbors in our Edmonton, AB location is seeking a Branch Manager (Field Service Branch Manager) to manage the successful execution and profitability for the overall operations of their assigned branch office. This includes the sales growth, retention of customers, customer satisfaction, profitability, operational controls, health and safety performance, and regulatory compliance of the Branch. Leverage all your expertise and experience by joining a company dedicated to protecting the environment.
Safety-Kleen, a subsidiary of Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority, and we live it 3-6-5!
- Focus on maintaining sustainability and cleaning the Earth!
- Recruiting Pay range
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component.
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Company paid training and tuition reimbursement.
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and always acting in a safe manner
- Direct and optimize overall operations in the assigned geographic area
- Ensure the communication of all required report information is provided to all pertinent departments
- Review operational reports with attention to operational problems, customer concerns, and regulatory compliance and safety issues, and provide operational input
- Monitor overall branch performance with special attention to safety and environmental issues, providing solutions to problems that repeatedly affect branch performance or could lead to future issues
- Provide overall leadership and direction while maintain a secure environment and a respectful, team-oriented workplace
- Ensure employees are operating in accordance with company goals, objectives and core values by monitoring and reinforcing employee compliance with Company Policies & Procedures as well as government and industry regulations
- Ensure staff are following safe work practices, and are completing job duties efficiently, providing adequate support
- Conduct periodic field visits to inspect the equipment and working environment
- Work closely with District Manager to monitor safety statistics and ensure compliance with reporting procedures regarding accidents/incidents reporting, and reviewing important documents submitted
- Aggressively market the Company services and seek growth opportunities in addition to maintaining collaborative and profitable relationships with customer organizations
- Prepare annual budget, based on market projections, needs for refurbishments, capital expenditures and fleet additions including the enforcement of cost controls and general efficiencies to ensure achievement of financial targets and profit margins while monitoring of all repair and maintenance costs and taking corrective actions when required, planning, organizing, directing and controlling all major maintenance to provide AFE’s to maintain budget guidelines
- Monitor on-going updates of equipment, parts inventories, and general purchasing process ensuring quality and cost effectiveness while being 100% compliant with regulated certification requirements for equipment and personnel training
- Perform annual Performance Reviews of all staff under your management and participate in the evaluation and development of niche markets to enhance profitability
- Identify and communicate potential growth opportunities for the company to the Operations Team
- Direct weekly meetings to ensure effective dissemination of information and tasks to applicable departments and employees
- Participate in the preparation of annual recommendations for field and office staff with regards to compensation recommendations, training, and bonuses
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business
- Follow all local, state (provincial) and federal compliance regulations and rules
- Safely operate vehicles in accordance with U.S. DOT, local, state (provincial) and federal requirements
- Safely observe all corporate operating guidelines and procedures
- Observe all company environmental health and safety operating guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Willing to travel and work on a scheduled and unscheduled basis;
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- Knowledgeable and able to perform excavations. Heavy equipment operation experience.
- Emergency Response Supervisor training and Marine Spill Response training (preferred)
- 2-4 years experience in Industrial Field Service operations (preferred). Knowledge of chemicals and background (preferred).
- Valid Class 5 drivers license.
- Understands the manpower and equipment requirements that are required to complete assignments.
- Leadership, supervisory and mentoring skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to handle multiple tasks.
- Able to travel, work weekends.
- Available for 24 hour, on-call basis.
- Able to work with little if no direct supervision and an aptitude to complete assigned work.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or based on any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.