HPC-Industrial, powered by Clean Harbors, is looking for Chemical Cleaning Technician to work at a customer location in Channahon, IL and to join their safety conscious team! The Chemical Cleaning Technician candidates will be responsible for driving and operating the chemical cleaning equipment in a safe and professional manner. Under the direct supervision of the Branch Manager/Operations Manager/Field Supervisor, the Chemical Cleaning Tech will work as a team member in performing assigned jobs. The Chemical Cleaning Tech serves as a representative of HPC-Industrial in a continuous working relationship with clients/customers.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Industrial setting, refinery, petrochemical, utilities, etc.
LOCATION OF WORK: Channahon, IL, Lemont, IL, Hammond, IN, Robinson, IL
WORK SCHEDULE: Depending on client work: Days / Nights / Weekends (12 hr shifts)
PLEASE READ ALL KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/PHYSICAL DEMANDS - YOU MAY BE A GREAT FIT!!!!
***GREAT PAY & BENEFITS***
Why Work for HPC-Industrial:
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training, and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Reports to branch/operations/field supervision management all violations of the Company’s operational, standards of conduct, ethical, safety, equal employment opportunity, health and environmental policies and procedures.
- Reads the job packet and/or job write-up for assigned job. Assists and/or leads proper equipment loading as outlined, inspects all pumps, hoses, equipment and tools needed for the job; and red tags all items that do not pass inspection, removes them from service and notifies the appropriate person - before leaving the branch for the jobsite.
- Properly and accurately complete pre-trip and post-trip inspections on all Company vehicles (one ton and over) after each use and submits them to the appropriate person after each shift
- Conducts tail-gate safety meetings, communicates identified hazards to crew members, and takes the necessary steps to eliminate, control or warn about the hazards - prior to starting any job.
- Responsible for the proper setup, operating and rigging down of all equipment for each assigned job, as well as instruction of same in training of equipment technicians.
- Assigns work to equipment technicians and sets expected efficiency, productivity and safety standards to ensure the job is done within established job procedures and time limits. Clearly communicates and sets work rotation schedule for equipment technicians
- Performs minor field maintenance on company vehicles, equipment and tools as qualified to perform.
- Reports immediately all accidents or injuries involving crew members, company vehicles or equipment, or other personnel on assigned jobsite to branch management and the customer - and near misses at the end of each shift to branch management.
- Ensures that good housekeeping is maintained during the job assignment, after the job is completed, and that all contaminated personal protective equipment or operating equipment and tools are either properly disposed of or decontaminated - before leaving the jobsite.
- Accurately completes branch or customer required paperwork in a timely manner and submits it to the appropriate management person at the end of each shift or as required.
- Perform emergency response activities including, but not limited to chemical and water spills, etiological and biological contamination, tank cleaning, equipment decontamination, etc.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the HPC Industrial business.
- Must be able to wear protective clothing or equipment. This includes, but is not limited to Nomex coveralls, a back belt, slicker suits, rubber boots, a fresh air breathing mask and escape pack and a hard hat.
- Engage in strenuous physical labor including lifting, pulling and pushing heavy objects (Lifting up to 50lbs)
- Must be able to work under extreme climate conditions (excessive high heat index of 95+ degrees Fahrenheit, 98% humidity and subzero weather conditions) relative to geographic location.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to dust, chemical and environmental, fumes (chemical and fluids), exhaust and highly pressurized fluids.
- Basic knowledge of Chemistry
- Previous chemical cleaning experience is an asset;
- Previous chemical manufacturing and/or chemical handling experience is an asset;
- Willing and able to travel up to 25% of the year.
- Blending chemicals into the circulating units;
- Performing general shop duties.
What does it take to work for HPC-Industrial?
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- TWIC card
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) waste codes, manifesting and Land Disposal Restrictions (LDR) (preferred)
- Strong mechanical ability
HPC-Industrial, powered by Clean Harbors, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HPC-Industrial offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
HPC-Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
HPC-Industrial is a Military & Veteran friendly company.