HPC-Industrial, powered by Clean Harbors, is looking for Chemist Cleaning Supervisor to work at a customer location in Channahon, IL area and to join their safety conscious team! The Chemist Cleaning Supervisor candidates will be responsible for supervising, directs and assists as a crew member at customer sites. As a member of HPC- Industrial Services Management team, the Field supervisor plans, coordinates and carries out professionally (safe and efficient) each HPC-Industrial Services operation using techniques, people, materials and equipment to achieve client satisfaction and Loyalty. The Chemist Cleaning Supervisor serves as a representative of HPC-Industrial in a continuous working relationship with clients/customers.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Industrial setting, refinery, petrochemical, utilities, etc.
WORK LOCATIONS : Channahon, IL / Lemont, IL / Hammond, IN / Robinson, IL
WORK SCHEDULE: Depending on client work: Days / Nights / Weekends (12 hr shifts)
PLEASE READ ALL KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/PHYSICAL DEMANDS - YOU MAY BE A GREAT FIT!!!!
***GREAT PAY & BENEFITS***
Why Work for HPC-Industrial:
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training, and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Work closely with current chemical cleaning Project Manager to learn and understand the chemical cleaning processes.
- Provide equipment hook-up of HPC-industrial to customers system to be cleaned.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs of equipment, hoses, pumps and chemical bags.
- Work with Project Manager to perform system volume calculations and develop cleaning procedure.
- Assists in creating and maintaining good customer relations. Updates the customer periodically on the progress of the work being done as necessary. This involves daily interaction with job representatives for current jobs, future work, and follow up on completed activities. Review with the client define his degree of satisfaction and any areas of improvement for the next service.
- Must project professional image to customers and employees alike and set a positive example for crew leaders and equipment technicians.
- Must be clean-shaven, clean uniforms, clean and well serviced vehicle, and convey to the client, through actions, that HPC-Industrial purpose is to provide the service to fulfill his/her immediate needs.
- Assures accurate and timely completion of required customer, branch or regulatory paperwork. This may include daily reporting of this said information.
- Supervises/ oversee work during cleaning process. Ensure crew leaders understands his job duties and job requirements.
- Conducts jobs observations and actively participates in branch monthly safety meeting.
- Provides input into performance evaluations of equipment technicians and crew leaders. Also participates in training and development of all crewmembers.
- Ensures all equipment is clean and meets HPC-Industrial standards for appearance. Make sure it is in good condition for the job. Ensure maintenance needs are identified and rectified with the proper maintenance personnel.
- Ability to trouble shoot workings of water circulation pumps and associated chemical cleaning equipment. IE air diaphragm pumps, diesel driven recirculation pumps, flanged hoses, parts and pieces.
- Performs on-call responsibilities as needed, which may include dispatching crews to job-sites where the work is to be done.
- Reports immediately all accidents or injuries involving crew members, company vehicles or equipment, or other personnel on assigned jobsite to branch management and the customer - and near misses at the end of each shift to branch management.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the HPC Industrial business.
- Must be able to wear protective clothing or equipment. This includes, but is not limited to Nomex coveralls, a back belt, slicker suits, rubber boots, a fresh air breathing mask and escape pack and a hard hat.
- Engage in strenuous physical labor including lifting, pulling and pushing heavy objects (Lifting up to 50lbs)
- Must be able to work under extreme climate conditions (excessive high heat index of 95+ degrees Fahrenheit, 98% humidity and subzero weather conditions) relative to geographic location.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to dust, chemical and environmental, fumes (chemical and fluids), exhaust and highly pressurized fluids.
- Basic knowledge of Chemistry
- Willing to obtain Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with Hazmat endorsement.
- Previous chemical cleaning experience is an asset
- Previous chemical manufacturing and/or chemical handling experience is an asset
- Willing and able to travel up to 25% of the year.
- Blending chemicals into the circulating units
- Performing general shop duties.
What does it take to work for HPC-Industrial?
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- TWIC card
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) waste codes, manifesting and Land Disposal Restrictions (LDR) (preferred)
- Strong mechanical ability
HPC-Industrial, powered by Clean Harbors, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HPC-Industrial offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
HPC-Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
HPC-Industrial is a Military & Veteran friendly company.