Clean Harbors Kent, WA is looking for a Vessel Operator & Deckhand to add to our Boom Team to join their safety conscious team. Our Boom Team is responsible for constructing and deconstructing containment booming, operating from a mid-size vessel. Each team consists of a vessel operator and a dechkand.
Please note: this is a part-time position working approximately 24 hours per week with varying shifts.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5;
- Competitive wages - starting at $21/Hr with room for growth;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensure all safety and job-related equipment is in good working order at all times by immediately reporting any issues and/or concerns to the Project Manager and/or Operations Manager.
- Demonstrate proficiency in response vessel operations which includes; vessel containment booming, protection booming, open water booming/containment, skimming vessel operation, skimmer operation, and small barge operations.
- Understand and comply with company and client safety standards.
- Respond and execute field work encompassed in marine services and marine spill response projects while under limited supervision and in varying environmental conditions.
- Set up a containment reduction zone consistent with OSHA regulations.
- Safe operation of Company equipment as well as a variety of construction/rental equipment.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- 2+ years in the maritime industry.
- Driver's license
- State Boater Safety Card and/or have a USCG License Rating
- Demonstrated ability to safely and proficiently operate a skiff /work boat and other required equipment.
- Basic computer skills
- 1 year of general labor experience preferred
- Required to wear a respirator as needed
- Ability to pass pre-employment background checks and drug screening .
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.