HPC-Industrial, powered by Clean Harbors, looking for a LDAR (Leak Detection and Repair) Monitoring Technician to work at a customer location in in Baton Rouge, La and to join their safety conscious team! This team member is responsible for using an analyzer and electronic data recorder, is responsible for accurately monitoring components on an assigned route within an industrial facility. They are also responsible for calibrating equipment to ensure optimum performance of the analyzer, as well as identify leads and process leak tags. The LDAR Monitoring Technician serves as representative of HPC-Industrial in creating a continuous working relationship with clients/customers.
Why work for HPC-Industrial?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority, and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 60 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training, and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Demonstrates initiative, planning work and carrying out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance and undertakes additional responsibilities.
- Must possess the ability to use a portable analyzer and electronic data collector.
- Ability to analyze data, evaluate situations and identify problems or opportunities, including likely causes.
- Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers' needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and be open to considering new approaches to solving problems and work processes.
- Ability to develop factual, logical courses of action, considering resources, constraints and company values.
- Responsible for monitoring components in an industrial environment to detect emissions from process equipment.
- Performs monitoring activities for an assigned route within a prescribed period of time, ensuring all components are accurately monitored and reported.
- Responsible for calibrating equipment to ensure optimum performance. Makes minor mechanical adjustments when situations arise.
- Identifies leaks and processes leak tags
- Completes daily upload of monitoring activity to the customer database and completes daily emissions monitoring reports– must have basic computer knowledge.
- Communicate daily equipment changes with office personnel
- Communicate/Coordinate with plant personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Outdoor, Industrial setting,
- Must be able to climb heights
- Must be ok with confined spaced.
- Must be able to wear protective clothing or equipment. This includes, but is not limited to Nomex coveralls, a back belt, slicker suits, rubber boots, a fresh air breathing mask and escape pack and a hard hat.
- Must be able to work under extreme climate conditions (excessive high heat index of 95+ degrees Fahrenheit, 98% humidity and subzero weather conditions) relative to geographic location.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to dust, chemical and environmental, fumes (chemical and fluids), exhaust and highly pressurized fluids.
What does it take to work for HPC-Industrial?
- Strong communication (written, verbal and listening) and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience in chemical plants or refineries is helpful, but not necessary.
- Must be willing/able to work at moderate to high levels of physical exertion for extended periods.
- Must be willing/able to work in inclement weather conditions (extreme heat/cold).
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends when necessary.
- Mechanical aptitude and problem-solving abilities a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
HPC-Industrial, powered by Clean Harbors, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HPC-Industrial offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
HPC-Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
HPC-Industrial is a Military & Veteran friendly company