$5000 Signing Bonus!!
Clean Harbors in Woburn, MA is looking for an Environmental Waste Manager to join their safety conscious team! This position supports the execution of a client’s environmental hazardous waste management program within a Medical Facility. Duties include but are not limited to collecting, packing, treatment, and disposal hazardous and non- hazardous throughout areas of the hospital. The Environmental Program Manager serves as the client’s main contact and primary interface you will interact with patients, medical staff, and Clean Harbors daily. This position requires the ability to walk for extensive amounts of time throughout your workday. This is an ideal position for someone who has housekeeping experience in a hospital.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Focus on maintaining sustainability and cleaning the Earth
- Pay range
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment including 401K with Company match
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Performs all hazardous waste management duties in accordance with regulatory standards, customer policies, and company policies.
- Uses knowledge of baseline contract to determine whether contract requirements are being met and determines whether projects fall within the scope or need to be quoted as outside the scope.
- Communicates frequently and maintains positive rapport with customers, subcontractors, and supervisors.
- Analyzes financial performance of baseline contract as well as episodic projects.
- Identifies and characterizes waste, sampling and preparing waste material for analysis as required.
- Utilizes knowledge of DOT regulations to properly prepare containers for shipment; prepares and signs shipping paperwork for all waste shipments.
- Coordinates deliveries of waste containers and pick ups of waste for disposal.
- Tracks all waste shipment activities and prepares comprehensive reports for the customer; tracks waste generation data in customer database.
- Assists with preparation of annual budget and reconciliation process.
- Performs and documents waste satellite and accumulation area inspections.
- Develops and implements plans/projects that reduce the amount of waste generated and/or the amount of waste going to the landfill.
- Ensures all deliverables are completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Investigates situations that could create regulatory, financial, or environmental issues for the customer or the Company; uses knowledge of waste handling procedures and internal financial processes to determine the most efficient and fiscally sound solution while achieving the customer’s goals.
- Ensures a discrimination-free environment anywhere in the company regarding sex, race, creed, age and religion.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- 3 Years’ Experience in Hazardous Waste or BA in Chemistry
- Leadership and supervisory knowledge
- RCRA and DOT Training per 40 and 49 CFR
- 40 hour HAZWOPER
- Analytical/sampling experience
- Ability to work with budgets and quotes
- Strong initiative
- Team Player
- Strong ability to reason
- Critical thinker/problem solver
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and written
- Requires walking distances through buildings.
- Requires stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to hear and talk on the phone and use a computer.
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico. We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally responsible business.
To learn more about our company visit us at www.cleanharbors.com
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.