**********$1000.00 Sign on Bonus!!!!*************
Safety-Kleen is currently seeking an Industrial Powder Coater –1st Shift for our Manufacturing Team. The hourly rate for this role is $19.00+/hour, depending on experience. This position is based at our facility in New Berlin, Wisconsin.
The Powder Coater is responsible for prepping, loading, coating, and unloading parts washer and fabricated components utilizing the powder coating line. The individual must produce an eye-pleasing, durable, coated finished product and be able to perform self-inspection of his work. The Powder Coater will help in other areas as time permits. These other areas include, but are not limited to assembly, spot welding, and teardown of field returns.
In this function you will:
- Follow all safety protocols for powder coating disposal, and the safe use of equipment used for coating and cleaning.
- Be responsible for the proper preparation of all surfaces to be coated; this includes bare metal areas and proper sanding, and feather edging of previously painted surfaces.
- Perform industrial powder coat painting processes on production materials in accordance with quality standards.
- Safely load and unload components on an overhead conveyor.
- Determine the correct color for each item being painted.
- Thoroughly clean all painting equipment as required to maintain in proper working order.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance when required to ensure peak performance of all manufacturing equipment.
- Move material as needed to complete responsibilities using material handling equipment.
- Ensure quality criteria are met by reviewing the condition of the parts after coating.
- Comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner.
- Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per standards.
- Cross-train and perform duties in other work areas of the manufacturing team.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED (general Education Degree) from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of six (6) months of previous industrial powder coating experience.
- Must be able to meet all qualifications for wearing a respirator.
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position.
What the Position Offers:
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- 1st shift position, working 6:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Competitive hourly wages with opportunity for overtime.
- Overtime paid at time and a half after working 40 hours.
- Paid lunch and break.
- Full benefit package:
- Comprehensive medical coverage after 30 days of full-time employment.
- Dental coverage.
- Vision coverage.
- Disability Insurance.
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance.
- Group 401K with company matching component.
- Other Voluntary Benefits.
- Generous paid time off, company paid training, and tuition reimbursement.
- Positive and safe work environment.
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.