HPC-Industrial, powered by Clean Harbors, looking for a LDAR (Leak Detection & Repair) Monitoring Technician to join their safety conscious team! This team member is responsible for using an analyzer & electronic data recorder, is responsible for accurately monitoring components on an assigned route within an industrial facility. They are also responsible for calibrating equipment to ensure optimum performance of the analyzer, as well as identify leads & process leak tags. The LDAR Monitoring Technician serves as representative of HPC-Industrial in creating a continuous working relationship with clients/customers.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Industrial & outdoor environment
Must be able to pass a thorough DISA background check, drug screen, & physical
Candidate must have a TWIC or be willing to obtain one prior to starting
Why work for HPC-Industrial?
- Health & Safety is our #1 priority & we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 60 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth & development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training, & tuition reimbursement
- Positive & safe work environments
- Demonstrates initiative, planning work & carrying out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance & undertakes additional responsibilities.
- Must possess the ability to use a portable analyzer & electronic data collector.
- Ability to analyze data, evaluate situations & identify problems or opportunities, including likely causes.
- Demonstrates concern for meeting internal & external customers' needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change & be open to considering new approaches to solving problems & work processes.
- Ability to develop factual, logical courses of action, considering resources, constraints & company values.
- Responsible for monitoring components in an industrial environment to detect emissions from process equipment.
- Performs monitoring activities for an assigned route within a prescribed period of time, ensuring all components are accurately monitored & reported.
- Responsible for calibrating equipment to ensure optimum performance. Makes minor mechanical adjustments when situations arise.
- Identifies leaks & processes leak tags
- Completes daily upload of monitoring activity to the customer database & completes daily emissions monitoring reports– must have basic computer knowledge.
- Communicate daily equipment changes with office personnel
- Communicate/Coordinate with plant personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Outdoor, Industrial setting,
- Must be able to climb heights
- Must be ok with confined spaced.
- Must be able to wear protective clothing or equipment. This includes, but is not limited to Nomex coveralls, a back belt, slicker suits, rubber boots, a fresh air breathing mask & escape pack & a hard hat.
- Must be able to work under extreme climate conditions (excessive high heat index of 95+ degrees Fahrenheit, 98% humidity & subzero weather conditions) relative to geographic location.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to dust, chemical & environmental, fumes (chemical & fluids), exhaust & highly pressurized fluids.
What does it take to work for HPC-Industrial?
- Strong communication (written, verbal & listening) & interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience in chemical plants or refineries is helpful, but not necessary.
- Must be willing/able to work at moderate to high levels of physical exertion for extended periods.
- Must be willing/able to work in inclement weather conditions (extreme heat/cold).
- Must be willing to work extended hours & weekends when necessary.
- Mechanical aptitude & problem-solving abilities a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
HPC-Industrial, powered by Clean Harbors, is the premier industrial cleaning & environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, & utility sectors. HPC-Industrial offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, & advanced technology & automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, & performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers & the most comprehensive training & career development for our employees.
HPC-Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
HPC-Industrial is a Military & Veteran friendly company