HPC-Industrial, Powered by Clean Harbors is looking for a Equipment Operator I to join their safety conscious team! Implements and oversees environmental permitting and compliance programs for the company. Ensures federal, state, and local environmental regulations are met. Ensures that a safe, healthy and accident-free work environment is provided in compliance with client and HPC-Industrial policies and procedures.
HPC Industrial, Powered by Clean Harbors company, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HPC- Industrial offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
- Ensures appropriate regulatory operating permits are in place for the operation of equipment.
- Applies for original permits and maintains a schedule for permit renewals and maintains reporting provisions of all required environmentally related permits to operate vapor control equipment fleet.
- Negotiates with agencies to obtain favorable permit conditions and settlements.
- Coordinates and schedule equipment source testing. Maintains a schedule for equipment source testing and destruction removal efficiency (DRE) testing.
- Ensures quality control protocols and procedures are established to monitor all aspects of regulations during projects.
- Performs daily QA/QC of vapor control air monitoring and record keeping.
- Performs air pollutant emission rate calculations for air permitting, project specific summary reporting, annual emission inventory reporting, and other reporting.
- Compiles client environmental reports for vapor control and degassing projects in accordance with client and regulatory requirements.
- Assures client environmental project summary reports are QA/QC before being sent out. Ensures client environmental project reports are sent out within preestablished timelines.
- Provides technical leadership and functional guidance to operating unit personnel to ensure environmental standards communicated by regulatory agencies and client are being enforced.
- Participates in customer job walks and project site auditing.
- Attends regulatory seminars as needed to stay current with regulatory changes.
- Assists with emergencies as needed.
- Conducts training as required, to ensure compliance with agency requirements, client requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Industrial setting, refinery, petrochemical, utilities, pulp and paper mills, etc.
Skills and Experience:
- 2-5 years of practical field experience in a service or plant environment is preferred.
- Well-developed technical and working knowledge of federal, state and local regulations, including but limited to RCRA, TSCA, air and water. Primary focus will be on maintaining regulations for company.
- Must be responsible and reliable with strong initiative and the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Good training skills to train other employees for environmental compliance related to the vapor control service line.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PPT, etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to travel to necessary locations with clean driving record.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen and remain compliant with strict drug and alcohol policies.
- 4-year degree in Environmental Management/Engineering, or related field
- 2-year degree in an environmental or related field with 2 years of experience dealing with regulatory compliance issues or; 8-years of relevant experience.
HPC-Industrial Powered by Clean Harbors and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law. HPC-Industrial Powered by Clean Harbors is an Equal Opportunity Employer.