The IT Program Manager (PGM MGR) leads multiple IT Project Managers and Software Development Teams engaged in IT Strategic Initiatives for Applications Development. Working directly with Executive Management, the Program Manager is responsible for leading a wide range of digital initiatives, developing business applications using modern and traditional web applications and data storage technologies. The PGM MGR will identify and manage risk across cross-project dependencies, serving as point person for escalations within their assigned portfolio. The PGM MGR will oversee projects through their full lifecycle from development to Production Support. The PGM MGR must be a solid professional, capable of leading and persuading other Leaders involved in applications development and operations.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Plan and schedule program goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders. Responsible for reporting metrics, setting KPI's, and managing production support incidents within their program.
- Lead IT development team members, including Project Managers, Technical Leads, Development and QA Staff. Team members may be local, offshore, employees, contractors or consultants.
- Manage Risk. Identify, mitigate, and resolve risks, issues and conflicts within and between project teams. Communicate clearly and effectively with precision and meaning.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents for large strategic projects. Plan, schedule, and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Provide a quarterly roadmap with projects and resources to be in alignment with the business objectives for the program.
- Effectively communicate program and project expectations to executive management team, direct manager, team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion. Act as liaison with project stakeholders and executives on an ongoing basis.
- Full personnel lifecycle management responsibilities: From recruiting to performance management, promotions, and transfers.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Prefer MBAs or Technical Degrees.
- 15+ years of experience. Alternative combinations of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Project Management Professional Certification preferred. PM mastery a must.
- Direct experience using agile methodologies, for applications development.
- Direct experience using any combination of the following technologies; Angular, Azure Cloud, Drupal, Magento, *.Net, SQL/SSMS, TFS/Azure DevOps,
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment while being persuasive to peers, and encouraging to team members.
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- Able to shift priorities, keep up with demands and drive timelines through analytics and sound problem-solving techniques.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.