Safety-Kleen in Chubbuck, ID is seeking a Sales and Service Route Driver Trainee (Driver Class B Trainee). This role will train to drive a Class B box truck to provide onsite service for parts washer machines, pick up containerized hazardous waste, and sell products/services in a defined route. Safety-Kleen will pay for you to obtain your CDL.
Safety-Kleen, a subsidiary of Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Focus on maintaining sustainability and cleaning the Earth
- Offering $23/hour
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment including 401K with Company match
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and always acting in a safe manner
- Complete daily scheduled services, deliveries, and pickups in a timely manner
- Switch out 15- & 30-gallon drums of solutions at customer locations
- Completes all required documentation and labeling
- Generates / collects leads from customers for new products and services
- Sells additional products and services into existing accounts
- Follow all local, state (provincial) and federal compliance regulations and rules
- Safely operate vehicles in accordance with U.S. DOT, local, state (provincial) and federal requirements
- Safely observe all corporate operating guidelines and procedures
- Observe all company environmental health and safety operating guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Obtain a CDL B within 180 days of employment (company paid)
- Obtain Hazmat and Tanker endorsement within 30 days of CDL B
- Ability to work independently while managing time and productivity
- Basic computer and math skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Perform physical functions per job requirements
- Successfully complete a background check, drug test, and physical, by position
- Strong customer service skills
- Commercial route driving experience (Class C or non-CDL)
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or based on any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.