HPC Industrial/Clean Harbors in Rosemount, MN is seeking Driver Class B Trainee. This role will train to drive a Class B vac truck to provide onsite service for liquid vac, dry vac and roll-off support. HPC Industrial/Clean Harbors will pay for you to obtain your CDL.
HPC Industrial, a subsidiary of Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Focus on maintaining sustainability and cleaning the Earth
- Recruiting Pay range
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment including 401K with Company match
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Company paid training and tuition reimbursement
Responsibilities for Candidates
- Operates Vacuum truck and Jet-Rodder.
- Interacts with customer regarding job status, client requirements, and assures customer satisfaction
- Always operates vehicle safely.
- Maintains a current driver’s license, or CDL as required.
- Safely transports waste while operating company vehicles.
- Completes a vehicle inspection report to assure vehicles and equipment are safe to operate before leaving company premises.
- CDL drivers assure brake adjustment inspections are completed prior to use.
- Maintains a drivers log as required to assure compliance with all regulations.
- Operates and maintains trucks and equipment per manufactures recommendations.
- Does not modify any vehicle or piece of equipment without written permission from the manufacturer and HPC management.
- Obeys all traffic laws and regulations when operating and driving company vehicle.
- Trained on the installation, operation, and repairs of mechanical devices such as pumps, valves, PTO's etc.
- Wears personal protective equipment as required by HPC, DOT, OSHA, and customer regulations.
- Trained on the proper use of all PPE required to do the work safely.
- Immediately reports all accidents, near misses, and injuries involving employee or others while operating company vehicles/equipment to the Safety Manager over the area.
- Recommends changes and improvements to safety and services based on job experience & observations.
- Verifies that the load, tools, equipment, and materials are secured properly before transporting begins.
- Answers calls at night and weekends as necessary.
- Performs other duties when assigned.
Qualifications for Candidates
- Obtain a CDL B within 180 days of employment (company paid)
- Obtain Hazmat and Tanker endorsement within 30 days of CDL B
- Ability to work independently while managing time and productivity
- Basic computer and math skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Perform physical functions per job requirements
- Successfully complete a background check, drug test, and physical, by position
- Specific vocational preparation including classroom safety training, on-the-job training and essential experience gained on other jobs.
- Language proficiency: understand English at a level to comprehend safety training and respond to instructions in emergency situations.
- Valid driver’s license, CDL Class A or B and other requirements of company’s driving policy required when driving company vehicle or using personal vehicle on company business.
- Smartphone operation for Electronic Logging Device.
- Experience operating a vacuum truck.
- Working knowledge of operating equipment used in wet and dry vacuums.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or based on any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.